What is Planet Wisdom?
Since 2001 PlanetWisdom has been impacting the lives of teens across the country. At PlanetWisdom we’re passionate about empowering students to become thinking, growing, authentic followers of Jesus Christ in today’s world.
PlanetWisdom is a two-day regional conference that’s designed to challenge middle school and high school students to dig deeper into the Bible and see their world from God’s perspective.
Students will hear teachings they can relate to. They’ll have opportunities to reflect and engage—as a group and independently—using their own PlanetWisdom journal to guide them through digging deeper into the Bible.
At PlanetWisdom, you—as a youth leader—are able to participate with your students as they reflect on Scripture, engage in worship, and have lots of fun!
This overnight trip is made just for our Middle School crew. We are going to stay at the Fairfield Inn Woodbridge, VA. The conference is being held at Hylton Memorial Chapel (near our hotel).
The cost of the trip is $115 per student
A $50 deposit is due Feb.. 12th to hold your youths spot.
Students will need $5 for dinner Friday night (we will order Subway ahead of time)
We will provide breakfast and lunch on Saturday and then they will need money for dinner on the ride home Saturday.
We will leave church at 4pm sharp
(traffic will be a hassel trying to get thru on a Friday near D.C.)
Please do NOT overpack! We will only be gone for one night, and our space is very limited.
- Toiletries (including shampoo and soap)
- Spending money ($5 for Friday's dinner and money for Saturday dinner, plus any merchandise if desired)
- Small bag to bring conference (as needed)
We will go over the following on Friday before we leave, but, parents, please discuss this with your child beforehand. If an individual student gets out of hand, we will call you and ask you to come pick them up. In Virginia. We do not expect this to come into play, but we will be very clear about this from the start with the students.
1. Students are always to be with an adult. Students are not to go anywhere with an adult coming along.
2. Listen to and obey whatever an adult asks.
3. Be respectful to one another. Be inclusive.
4. Be respectful of the current activity. There will be plenty of time to goof off and plenty of time to be serious.
5. Cell phones are permitted, but subject to confiscation by an adult. If they become a distraction in any way, they will be removed. The weekend is about detaching from home and attaching to God.
6. No guys in girls' rooms and vice versa. During free times, we will designate one room to be the "hang out" room, where we can co-mingle.
7. All sessions are mandatory.
8. No alcohol, drugs, or tobacco.
9. No PDA. "P" stands for both public and private.
10. Keep a positive attitude!